Thursday, March 15, 2012

Some New Before and After's!!

Feeling frustrated with my current make up situation in my small master bath, I decided I needed a new solution. I was tired of picking through my makeup bag, having to rummage through all my eyeliners, mascaras, and concealers until I found just the "right" one. Plus, I hated the counter top being so cluttered! I decided I wanted a set of cute drawers, something I could open & clearly see the contents. I bought this small drawer unit at my local Target, but I wanted to embellish it a bit, add some "pretty" so it's not just sitting on my sink looking blah. I went to Pinterest for some inspiration, and many had used paper to line the bottom or the fronts of the drawers. I didn't think I could line the front of the drawers, due to the shape and the handle, so I just lined the bottoms. I had bought this paper on clearance at Hobby Lobby, it is embroidery paper made by the Paper Studio, all in shades of black and white.




So, first things first. I took out one drawer, traced the pattern, and cut it just a bit smaller. I did a dry fit it to make sure it was going to work, then used double sided tape to anchor it down. It has a vinyl feel to it, so I hope it stands up for a long time; I didn't want to permanently adhere it so I can swap it out later, when my color mood changes. 


I had some rub ons left over from my sugar hand scrub jars, so I decided to use those for the fronts of the drawers. I wanted some "bling" so I then used Stickles to embellish those just a bit, but only on 2 drawers. Once I get the other color I want, I will add it to the other drawer.


 I then cut some paper to stick to the top, added a strip of the paper leftover from the drawer liners, added a circle & circle frame, and of course, some flowers with some "shiny" in the center. 





There you have it!! Now to fill it up with my makeup and admire it on a daily basis!! I plan to also add some labels once I figure out what is gonna go where, kwim??!! :) I love it, it is so pretty!

1 comment: